My office is here to provide assistance to local residents, businesses, schools and community groups with any State Government issues, including:

  • Making representations on your behalf directly to relevant ministers or departments
  • Putting you in touch with a service that can help you
  • Lobbying for more resources for your group or community service
  • Advising you of your rights and any further action you can take
  • Providing information on any grants that may be available to support or assist your group
  • Keeping you up to date on state issues

Below are some of the services I am pleased to offer to members of our local community:

Request a Letter of support

If you need a letter of support for your grant application, please email my office at [email protected] with details about your organisation, what funding you are applying for, and what the funding will be used for. Please also provide your deadline so we can do our best to work within your timeframe.

Funding Assistance

Funding for community groups and not-for-profit organisations may be obtained from a number of sources through the Queensland Government such as the Gambling Community Benefit Fund.

For more information regarding grants available through the Queensland Government.

Federal Government grants can be found on their website Grant Connect.

There are often other Community Grants available, please check with your local Council for further information. 

Businesses looking for Government assistance with funding can use the Queensland Government’s Grants Finder.

For Drought Assistance, please use this link to access the current list of funding assistance.

Other community grants can be available at times from many different sources. Check these links to see if there is anything available that suits your groups needs:

Tackling Tough Times Together
RACQ Foundation
CS Energy
Energex / Ergon Energy

Seniors Cards

If you are over 60, you may be eligible for a Seniors Card or a Seniors Business Card.

These cards allow you to take advantage of a number of government discounts and other special offers at thousands of businesses around the State. Submit your application for a Seniors Card.

Electoral Enrolment

The AEC manages enrolments in federal, state and local government elections.

If you need to enrol to vote for the first time or change your address or other details, you can do this online.

Application forms are also available in hard copy from my office.

Request for congratulatory message

If you or someone you know is celebrating a special birthday or anniversary, you can request a letter to mark the occasion from:

  • Premier of Queensland
  • Prime Minister of Australia
  • Governor-General
  • Her Majesty The Queen


90th birthday letters can be requested from:

  • Prime Minister of Australia
  • Premier of Queensland

100th, 105th and 110th birthday letters can be requested from:

  • Her Majesty The Queen
  • Governor-General of Australia
  • Prime Minister of Australia
  • Governor of Queensland
  • Premier of Queensland


50th (Golden) anniversary letters can be requested from:

  • Prime Minister of Australia
  • Premier of Queensland
  • Governor of Queensland

60, 65, 70 (Diamond) anniversary letters can be requested from:

  • Her Majesty The Queen
  • Governor-General of Australia
  • Prime Minister of Australia
  • Governor of Queensland
  • Premier of Queensland

Consideration may be given to requests for letters to mark other anniversaries or birthdays if there are special circumstances.

How to Request a Letter

Request forms are available at my office.

You will also need to provide a copy of a supporting document to verify the applicant’s date of birth or marriage:

  • Birth or Marriage Certificate* (short extract or photocopy acceptable)
  • Passport or citizenship papers (photocopy acceptable)

* If you do not have a marriage certificate, you can supply a statutory declaration to confirm that the date and place of marriage are correct. The statutory declaration should be signed by a member of the family and witnessed by a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner for Declarations (form available at my office).

Notice Periods for Letters

For birthdays:

  • 90 years – allow 3 weeks
  • 100, 105, 110 years – allow 4 weeks

For anniversaries:

  • 50 (Golden) – allow 3 weeks
  • 60, 65, 70 (Diamond) – allow 4 weeks

Submitting your Letter Application

Please return your completed forms to my office and we will organize the rest for you.

School Term Dates 2021

The following term dates apply to all State Schools in Queensland:

Queensland Term Dates

School Term Dates 2021
  • Term 1
    Wednesday, 27 January 2021 – Thursday, 1 April 2021
  • Term 2
    Monday, 19 April 2021 – Friday, 25 June 2021
  • Term 3
    Monday, 12 July 2021 – Friday, 17 September 2021
  • Term 4
    Tuesday, 5 October 2021 – Friday, 10 December 2021

Request a Queensland Flag

Not-for-profit organisations and community groups, may be eligible for a free Queensland flag if they meet the conditions issued by the Department of Premier and Cabinet.

Please email your request for a flag to my office at [email protected]

Tours of Parliament House

Tours of Parliament House can be fun and informative, not just for school children but adults as well. BBQs and morning teas can be arranged too. If I am in Parliament on the day you visit I may be able to meet your group and make your visit even more informative. If you wish to organise a tour, please contact my office.

Photocopying for Community Groups

I am happy to provide photocopying facilities for eligible Community Groups in the Callide Electorate.

Please contact my office first, as time-frames and budget restrictions may apply.

Borrow a Marquee

If your community group or sporting club is holding a special event and would like to borrow one of my marquees, please email or phone my office to enquire about marquee(s) for the date you require.