The Stronger Communities Programme which provides Federal funding of up to $20,000 for small community groups is now open for expressions of interest.
The Stronger Communities Programme has provided much needed funding over the past 7 rounds to local community groups in Flynn to undertake small capital works projects.
“There are so many community organisations throughout the electorate who have benefited from earlier rounds of the Stronger Communities Program including sporting clubs, childcare centres, and school P&C’s just to name a few,” Mr Boyce said.
Eligible projects include:
- fit-out, alterations and/or extensions to existing premises e.g. air-conditioning, kitchen upgrades, fixtures and fittings, painting
- purchase and installation of equipment to be used by your organisation for the benefit of the community, such as ICT hardware and software, or creation of a website
- modifications to leased buildings or grounds, with approval of the owner
- upgrades, fit out and construction of community spaces, e.g. men’s sheds, community centres, scout halls etc.
- development or upgrades of bike paths, streetscapes, skate parks or community gardens
- upgrades of sporting facilities and fields, e.g. scoreboards, seating, goalposts, fit-out of change rooms, canteen, lights, upgrade drainage and water systems, medical equipment, gyms
- musical instruments, sports equipment and uniforms that remain the property of the organisation
- inclusive access to facilities
- upgrade or installation of park furniture and facilities
- State Emergency Service and rural fire brigade equipment
- vehicles and trailers for community transport or services
- projects on school grounds or school property that demonstrate social benefits to the broader community outside the school.
Grants between $2,500 and $20,000 will be available through this program and Colin Boyce MP says the funding will go a long way to get some critical projects off the ground.
“I am calling for all eligible community organisations in Flynn to apply. Please email my office via [email protected] or visit my website at https://www.colinboyce.com.au/stronger-communities-programme-round-8/ to receive an Expression of Interest Form,” Mr Boyce said.
For more information on eligibility requirements and the program visit: https://business.gov.au/grants-and-programs/stronger-communities-programme-round-8